Thursday, April 30, 2020

Your Support Sustains Montreat

Dear Friends of Montreat -
I’ve always had a special enthusiasm for opening mail. In my mind, a sealed envelope could contain almost anything - an exciting new adventure, reconnecting with an old friend, or a great deal at a favorite restaurant. As I have transitioned to working from home, one of the things I’ve missed most is opening Montreat’s mail, especially now at the end of the fiscal year. This mail often contains critical donations that sustain our mission and ministry. Sometimes, envelopes include handwritten notes, drawings by your children, or beautiful cards that deeply touch me with their messages of hope, encouragement, and prayer. During this particular season of uncertainty, I was struck by some of the notes we received:
  • Montreat has been my childhood home since 1945 and I've been a Patron since the beginning of the program. How blessed are we.
  • Thank ALL of you for your unending hard work in keeping this special place going. Keep the faith.
  • One simply read, Carry on.
As our fiscal year ends tomorrow, April 30th, I’d encourage you to prayerfully consider Montreat’s impact on your family, your church, and your community. Over the last few months, the Montreat Fund has become the largest and most important revenue stream for the conference center. All the things you hold dear about this place are connected to these gifts - Robert Lake Park, conferences and worship, even our vast wilderness and trails. 
If you have already made a gift, or even a special gift this year, we thank you for your support. If you haven’t, please consider donating to the Montreat Fund before midnight tomorrow at montreat.org/givenow. As one note with an extra donation read, “My mom used to say, 'a little help is a lot of help'!” Even if you aren’t able to make a financial gift, we’d love to see your messages of support in our mailbox at any time. It makes a deep impact on me and my colleagues knowing what this place means to you.

Thank you all for your generous love of Montreat, and blessings of safety and resilience to you all.
 
Seth Hagler
Vice President for Development
Montreat Conference Center
PO Box 969
Montreat, NC 28757
Click the Picture Below for a Video from Ranger Jason and a "Virtual Hike"
Keep up with Montreat!
Support Montreat!

No comments:

Post a Comment