Thursday, November 16, 2023

The Presbyterian Outlook - Enjoy an Advent candle liturgy on us 🎄🕯️

News & Stories

Dear Outlook readers, 

A lot of things shifted when I enrolled in seminary. I met my now-husband (that was fun). I noticed that the mention of my occupation either elicited awkward pauses or over-sharing. And I became a designated pray-er at family gatherings. 

I don't mind the praying, but I've never done well when put on the spot. My creativity thrives when I can worry over the words for a bit. Plus, on a holiday, sometimes you're busy cooking or cleaning or enjoying a glass of wine.

One of my favorite things that we offer at the Outlook is our occasional prayers. I curated this resource for you — and me. With a couple of clicks, we can have a thoughtful prayer ready-to-go. Enjoy! 

In Christ's mercy,



Rose Schrott Taylor
Outlook digital content editor

Join us tonight for...

The perilous and promising pulpit by Thomas G. Long
Commentaries can be wrong? by Elana Keppel Levy
Praying for kinship on Thanksgiving by Daniel Heath
30 Heads of Churches urgently call on President Biden for ceasefire by Churches for Middle East Peace

In case you missed it...

A more profound Alleluia …
Michael Waschevski, who served on the committee that produced Glory to God, shares some thoughts on the art of worship.

10 tips for crafting inclusive worship experiences
Pastor and educator Donald Griggs offers ten ways to create inclusive worship by applying educational theories such as Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences.

Praying with finger paints
May your creating be your prayer, writes Ashley Mason Brown.

A Thanksgiving benediction
Katy Shevel offers a benediction to use in a Thanksgiving worship service or over your Thanksgiving meal.

The Perfect Story: How to Tell Stories that Inform, Influence, and Inspire
"Karen Eber’s 'The Perfect Story' brilliantly demonstrates how to craft memorable stories that change hearts and minds," writes Amy Pagliarella.

"Creator of the Stars of Night: An Advent Candle Liturgy" by Carol Holbrook Prickett 
FREE for a limited time. Click to download.
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment