Thursday, August 13, 2020

#Pray4ppl to know #truth that leads to #freedom

Life Support Prayer Calendar 
I miss seeing people smile! Our masks protect us and others--especially the most vulnerable, but they do inhibit our ability to read the emotions and perceive the beauty of others. Yet, Jesus tells us that true freedom comes when we abide in the truth of His word. One of the truths we discover in the words of Jesus is that when we submit our will daily to that of the Father, laying down our desires, our lives for others we experience ultimate freedom and priceless intimacy with the Creator of all life.
John 8:31-38 (ESV)
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." They answered him, "We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, "You will become free'?"

Jesus answered them "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are offspring of Abraham; yet you seek to kill me because my word finds no place in you. I speak of what I have seen with my Father, and you do what you have heard from your father."

August 9-16, 2020


1. Give thanks for the truth of God's Word which sets us free. Pray to discern the truth in this culture that often touts a "right" to abortion or a "right" to die. Pray to stand fast in the freedom of God's truth and never be coerced by cultural lies. 
2. Pray for Presbyterian pastors, elders, deacons, and counselors to speak truthfully about God's authority over human life and His sovereignty and power to overcome every circumstance. Ask God to deliver us from false compassion that bends the truth to accommodate choices that lead to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment