Sunday, March 22, 2020

Share Your Successes, Learn From Your Colleagues

Dear Members and Friends of The Clergy Letter Project,
 
In these difficult times, I know how hard all you all are working to provide needed services of all sorts to your congregants. I also know that many of you have had successes that deserve to be shared with others. And I suspect that some of you might have tried some things that didn't work - activities that others might not want to replicate!

The Clergy Letter Project is a large network of people working under similar conditions and thus we are a collective resource that we should put to good use. With these points in mind, I'm asking you to take a couple of minutes from you busy lives to share your experiences - both those have worked and those that haven't.

If you send me descriptions of these experiences, I'll share them broadly, perhaps even building some web pages. Let's learn from each other.

I wrote the following in an essay I published last week: "I hope you can find activities that make a difference, both for you and for your community. By focusing on these good actions perhaps we will be able to move past the despair that feels so oppressively heavy right now." I hope this new initiative of The Clergy Letter Project will help implement what I've written!

Thank you for all you're doing.

Together we are making a difference.
 
                                                                                   Michael
 
Michael Zimmerman
Founder and Executive Director
The Clergy Letter Project
 
The Clergy Letter Project | 5115 Klahanie Dr NWOlympia, WA 98502

No comments:

Post a Comment